Monday 10 November 2014

Blog 3: My passion

Passion,  it's a strong word, and that is why I chose to say fitness and nutrition is my passion. I've been in the "fit" lifestyle for over a year now and I can say it is one of the best things I have ever started in my life. I use to be a very "small" girl when I was about 15 years old, a little less than 100 pounds. And then I went through my first break up and gained about 50 pounds in a very short amount of time. I got stretch marks all over my body and I was just horrified at what I had become. I didn't quite realize what was happening to my body, until I noticed that most of my clothes were not fitting me anymore. I would always be upset and complain about myself but didn't really do anything about it to change my situation. Summer 2013, I decided I was going to do something about my body and I stayed committed to that lifestyle ever since then. I did endless amounts of research about nutrition. For example, the health benefits of each food, the nutritional facts  and which foods are essential to my current fitness goals. At the moment, I can look almost all different types of foods and know the nutritional information about it. The other half of my research was on the fitness part. Learning different exercises and what each is good for. For the first two months (which was summer), I did weight loss and lost all the extra pounds I didn't want and after that, so about over a year ago, I started weight training. Every time I workout, I feel a lot better and know that I am doing something that is benefiting my body. I encourage anyone to get involved with the healthy lifestyle because you will look and feel better. It helps boost your confidence and also nourishes your body.

* All pictures labelled as reusable

No comments:

Post a Comment